Evangelism Themed Christian Art
This Evangelism themed Christian art is the 5th painting in my ‘Complexity: The Puzzle of Discipleship’ series. Each painting in this series accompanies a chapter in the book I’m writing with the same title as the series.
What’s included in the price of this Evangelism Themed Christian Art?
- this 30cm x 40cm piece of abstract art, painted in acrylics on stretched canvas
- the painting is carefully and lovingly wrapped in 3 sheets of tissue paper, and eco-friendly bubble wrap
- postage and packing (within the UK)
- packaged in cardboard and brown paper.
Please note: All images and content are copyrighted. We do our best to show the true colours of this product, but colours might vary slightly from how it is seen on the screen.
For the story behind this painting, please scroll down to the description below.
1 in stock
This Evangelism themed Christian art is the 5th painting in my 'Complexity: The Puzzle of Discipleship' series. Each painting in this series accompanies a chapter in the book I'm writing with the same title as the series.
Here is an excerpt from the chapter on Evangelism, 'Evangelism is a very interesting subject, I find. That mainly stems from the fact that there are so many views of how to do it and what it entails. A few years ago, at church, we had a sermon series based on the book More Ready Than You Realize, written by Brian McLaren. I thoroughly enjoyed both the sermon series and the book – to the extent that I have since read several of Brian's other books. Two of the things I remember most clearly from that book and sermon series is 1. that evangelism should be more like a dance, and 2. it's best to answer questions with questions. Brian’s approach to evangelism comes into the ‘complexity’ category. It’s complex, but not (too) complicated. I recommend you read his book if you haven’t already.' (© Hannah Kirk, 2021)
I chose to paint the different sized and coloured rectangles and squares to indicate 'religion' because of stained glass windows in church windows. I also wanted to indicate the different boxes we put people in and the complexity of outreach and evangelism. I'm pleased with the finished product. There are 30 rectangles/squares in various sizes, creating a patchwork quilt effect. The colours used are red, green, sky blue, dark blue, orange, yellow, gold, pink, purple, and brown.
It's important to me that my artwork, especially in this series, points to Jesus. So, I like, wherever possible, to include relevant Scripture to these product descriptions.
Here are some related Bible passages linked to Evangelism:
- 2 Corinthians 5:20 "We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God."
- 2 Timothy 4:5 "But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry."
- Acts 2:38 "Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
- Mark 16:15 'He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."'
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.