In this blog post, we will explore how art is used in Christianity.
We’re not going to be able to cover everything in this one blog post, because art is used in Christianity in a myriad of different ways. Nevertheless, I hope that you will find this helpful and informative. Please feel free to leave a comment with any additions of ‘how art is used in Christianity.
Let’s get started…
In Church Buildings
- Stain glass windows
- Other furniture – particularly if carved or decorated in some artistic way
- Wall art – paintings, banners, etc.
- Wall art – original art, illustrations, etc.
In public places
- To illustrate books and Bibles
- In books about churches etc.
On the internet
- Social media posts
- Blog posts
- Christian Publications
On apparel and stationery
- Greeting Cards
- Cheerfully Given – a marketplace for all of the above and more…
- For religious festivals
- For baptisms, naming days, dedications, Christenings
- For weddings, birthdays, anniversaries
As you can see from the list and examples above, there are lots of ways that art is used in Christianity. What other ways are there? Let me know in the comments – I’d love to hear from you.